White Chocolate Latte
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup very strong coffee
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- whipped cream for garnish
- mini white chocolate chips for garnish
- First, prepare the strong coffee. I used instant coffee, but you can use whatever you prefer. My method is to simply boil 1/4 cup water with about 2 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the milk, vanilla, and sugar over medium low heat. Always whisk it while it is heating up, so the bottom doesn't stick to the pan or burn. Heat until it just starts to bubble.
- When it slightly boils, keep whisking and add in the white chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate chips completely melt.
- Optional step to make this frothy/foamy: use an immersion blender to blend the milk mixture until it's very foamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, cool your milk for 5 minutes. Then carefully pour the hot milk into a regular blender and blend for 30-45 seconds, until it becomes foamy at the top.
- In one large cup (or two smaller cups), pour the milk mixture carefully. Stir in 3 or 4 tablespoons of the strong coffee into the milk mixture. I wanted a very mild coffee flavor, and 3 tablespoons ended up being just right.
- Top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips.
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.