Sweet Skillet Cornbread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients- cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Mix buttermilk, milk, and egg together.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix in the baking soda.
- Add the melted butter to the batter, stirring to combine.
- In the iron skillet, melt the 2 tbsp butter on the stovetop on medium heat. Then pour the batter into the pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Cook for 1 minute, then put the pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cornbread is golden.
- Cool before cutting, and enjoy with some honey butter.
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.