Spring Vegetable Paella
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups short grain rice (like arborio)
- 3 cups low-sodium broth (I used Saffron Roads chicken broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces (remove one in-stem from bottom)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup white beans, drained from can
- Heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onions, cooking until they are soft for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the rice, broth, parsley, and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium low heat, until most liquid is absorbed (7 minutes).
- Add the asparagus, peas, and beans. Stir well. Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, let the pan stay covered for 10 minutes before serving with fresh parsley.
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.
Original Recipe here