Spicy Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 large potatoes, chopped (I used russet)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small bellpepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and paprika
- Oil for cooking (approx 1 tbsp)
- Chop your potatoes first. I like to leave the skin on, but you can also peel.
- Heat up oil in a pan, add the potatoes. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices and salt/pepper to your taste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid to steam and fully cook the potatoes on low-medium heat (around 7-10 minutes, depending on how big your potato pieces were).
- Meanwhile, chop up your onion and bellpepper. I like making them the same size as the potatoes.
- After potatoes have cooked through (poke a fork to check tenderness), add the onion and bellpepper, stir frying until they go soft, about 2 minutes more.
- Adjust any seasoning, if you like them extra spicy, add more cayenne pepper. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and enjoy!
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.