Ingredients for the Chicken Filling
1/4 pound ground chicken (mince)
1/2 green serrano pepper, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped into large pieces
1 small Roma tomato, chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric/haldi
1/4 tsp red pepper powder/ cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1) Cook the ground chicken meat with the spices, about 5-7 minutes.
2) When the meat is cooked place in a food processor with pepper, onion, tomato, and coriander.
3) Blend until the fresh ingredients are well incorporated.
4) Return to pan, cook the meat until fragrant with the onion and tomato.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (white)
- 1/2 tbsp active yeast
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg, beaten and divided into halves (use other half for brushing the rolls later)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Knead all the ingredients above with slightly warm water, until the dough is soft.
- Allow to rise, covered, in a warm place for 1 hour (my oven, turned off, is a good place for my dough).
- Divide dough into 8 round balls.
- Flatten each ball into small circular shape.
- Cut four slits in each circle.
- Place 1 tbsp filling in center of each circle.
- Wrap opposite ends of the sectioned dough over the filling ball.
- Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake on a greased baking tray for 15-20 min, at 350 deg F, until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.