I love pizza in all forms. Ooey, gooey cheese..tomato sauce…flavors of oregano and basil…and the crust. You can’t forget the crust. Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of pizza themed foods. Pizza dips, pizza rolls, pizza breads…This pizza stuffed pull apart bread idea popped into my head as I browsed pizza recipes.
I thought to myself, all these pull apart cheese breads are fine, but it needs something more, something to give more pizzaz (excuse the pun). Why not add some sauce and ground beef to it? Top it off with a slather of garlic herbed butter and sprinkle with some cheese…
I had to make it as soon as I imagined it in my food dream. Bread, sauce, toppings. Pretty simple to put together for a last minute side dish. I can imagine myself making this at future luncheon parties, for kids’ get togethers, and lazy summer days.
This bread also looks stunning as a centerpiece for your dinner table. And best of all, it’s super fun to pull apart! Even baby couldn’t keep his hands away from pulling the pieces. (note to self, try photographing while he naps!).
I used freshly baked bread from the bakery (why not use shortcuts, right?). I cut it in a criss cross pattern, added the sauce, garlic butter, and cheese. Then I baked it for 15-20 minutes.
I served this with some soup on the side, and it was pretty delicious. The bread was soaked with garlic butter, which complimented the cheesy and saucy goodness that was spread throughout. I just couldn’t believe how something so crazy and so good could come together so quickly! Perfect for busy moms, kids (and adults) who love pizza, and for anyone who wants a fun dish to pull apart (aka baby A). Seriously, it’s the best pizza stuffed pull apart bread you will ever try.
A beautiful pull apart bread stuffed with pizza toppings, cheese, and slathered in garlic butter.
- 1 loaf of bread, circle or oval shaped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of seasoned ground beef, cooked
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheese, mixed cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut across lengthwise in 1-inch slices. Do not cut all the way to bottom, or bread will fall apart.
- Cut slices the opposite direction, slightly at an angle to create small diamond shapes in the bread. (Refer to pic above^)
- Using a spoon, stir together the sauce and ground beef. Spoon this mixture into the cracks of the bread.
- Mix melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley leaves together. Drizzle this all over the bread and into the cracks.
- Add the shredded cheese in the cracks and sprinkle the rest on top.
- Bake the bread for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy with extra sauce or soup.
You can omit ground beef if you prefer, and keep this semi-vegetarian.