- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp raw honey or sweetener of your choice
- Almonds and walnuts
- Place the oats and 1 cup cooking liquid (milk) in a pot and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Lower heat to medium low, cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid has mostly absorbed.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla extract.
- Wait for the oatmeal to cool slightly before stirring in the raw honey. Never stir in honey when the liquid is hot, otherwise it will destroy beneficial properties.
- Sprinkle oatmeal with chopped nuts and (this part is optional) stir in some cold milk. Serve with dates for a filling breakfast meal.
If you do not want to cook the oatmeal in milk, then cook 1/2 cup oats in 1 cup filtered water. Then pour in about 1/2 cup milk afterwards and warm it on stovetop. Add the spices, honey, and nuts after warmed up.
Visit yesterday’s Ramadan recipe, Harira- Click Here.