Eid dessert #3 is here to present itself today! These layered mango delight trifle cups are so simple to make, you won’t believe it. Better yet, they taste so light and delicious that it’s a crowd pleasing dessert for sure. Be sure to check out last year’s mango panna cotta for more mango fun!
Light, fruity, creamy, and just the right balance of textures makes this trifle dessert absolutely perfect. It’s just right for summer time or lunch desserts, and I’m super excited to have this for our Eid get together.
I love the idea of individual serving cups because that way, each portion has a good amount of each component of the dessert. Soft pound cake, fruity mango jelly, freshly cut mango, and a creamy “mousse” make up this yummy dessert. I love taking advantage of mango season and this dessert showcases the sweet and flavorful mango just perfectly.
Although it sounds like there are a lot of parts to these layered mango delight trifle cups, they’re all very simple and easy to assemble. You can, of course, layer everything in one big trifle bowl- that’d make your job even easier! Read on for this easy to follow recipe.
A fun, easy, refreshing and light summer dessert.
- 1 packet mango jelly
- 1 pound cake, store bought
- 1 can mango pulp, 32 oz
- 1 container whipped topping, 16 oz
- 4-5 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- mint for garnish
- Prepare the mango jelly according to instructions and set aside; cool to room temperature.
- Cut the pound cake into small pieces and set aside.
- Prepare the mousse mixture: combine the whipped topping, 1/2 can condensed milk, half the fresh mangos, and half the mango can pulp. Stir gently and set aside.
- Layer the desserts: place pound cake at bottom of dish(les), drizzle the remaining mango pulp on top, then mango jelly, followed by the mousse mixture, and finally the freshly chopped mangos.
- Garnish with mint.
Mango jelly and mango pulp can be found in any Southeast Asian or Arab market. Pound cake and whipped topping found in freezer section. Dessert cups can be found in any dollar tree store.