Homemade Almond Milk
- Water for soaking almonds
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh cloth
- Sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Soak the raw almonds in regular water in a bowl overnight. Soak up to two days but no longer, if you need to.
- Drain the almonds, discard the water. Place the almonds in a blender with skin on. You don't need to remove the skin for this process.
- Pour in 4 cups of filtered water into the blender. Blend at high speed until the almonds are pulsed into tiny crumbs.
- Pour into a large bowl or pitcher lined with the cheesecloth. I did this in 2 parts because my cloth wasn't big enough to handle all the almonds at once.
- Whatever milky water filters through is your almond milk. The ground up almonds is now almond meal. Use it in baking, smoothies, etc. I dried mine out in the oven and placed in a ziploc bag in the freezer for future use.
If you want to sweeten, you can use sugar, dates, honey, etc. but be sure to add it during the blending stage.
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.