I’ve got a super simple, easy weeknight dinner that will knock your socks off. Trust me. This easy instant pot chicken curry is my lifesaver on those days when baby decides to take a 10 minute nap and call it a day. What makes it easy? Not just the instant pot…but also the use of all powdered/ground spices to cut down on grinding and mincing.
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into 2-in pieces.
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 green chili, slit in middle
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- Set the IP on saute and heat up oil. Add the onion and salt and fry until golden brown.
- Add the tomato and the chicken thigh meat. Brown for 5 min before adding all the spices (EXCEPT for garam masala), the green chili, and 1/4 cup water.
- Close lid and set for high pressure, 7 min. Natural pressure release for another 10 min.
- Turn back to saute mode (remove the green chili) and add the garam masala, cook until gravy is desired consistency.
- Serve with rice, naan, or boiled quinoa.
I love using boneless chicken thigh meat for this curry. It’s juicier and absorbs the flavors of the spices so much better than breast meat does.
I serve this with either whole wheat naan, plain white quinoa, or fluffy basmati rice depending on our mood that day. Try this recipe out and tell me if you liked it!