- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten with salt and pepper
- 1+ cup breadcrumbs
- Peel the potatoes; cut them in large pieces, and cover with water in a pot. Bring to boil, cook the potatoes until tender.
- Shred the chicken if you haven't already done so. I pulse the shredded chicken in a food processor so I can get even sized pieces.
- Mash the potatoes roughly with a fork; add the chicken, diced onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and spices.
- Mix well and form into small circular patties. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Beat the eggs together with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan with oil. Dip each patty in egg first, then breadcrumbs.
- Lightly fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Dab the patties with paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve warm with chutney, ketchup, or any other sauce. Enjoy!
All recipes belong to All Floured Up unless otherwise stated.