A good chocolate chip cookie recipe is a must in every baker’s recipe collection. This is my firm belief in my book of kitchen rules. If you can’t bake a good chocolate chip cookie, then you’ve got make one ASAP. It’s the right thing to do, trust me. I’m sharing my recipe for a delicious chewy chocolate chip cookie as a good starter recipe.
When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, you can have so many preferences: thin and crispy, thick and cakey, less chocolate chips, more chocolate chips, and so on. For me, the perfect chocolate chip is chewy but still soft, without too many chocolate chips.
I used a bar of good quality dark chocolate for this recipe instead of chocolate chips, and that make the chocolate disperse throughout the cookie so much better. I don’t prefer nuts in a classic recipe, but I did add some oats to add to the chewy factor. Little changes here and there can make all the difference in my opinion.
I also love these chewy chocolate chip cookies with a simple glass of cold milk. No other drink makes this cookie complete, don’t you agree?
If you ever give these chewy chocolate chip cookies a try, let me know how they turned out! And tell me, what’s your perfect chocolate chip cookie like?
A delicious chewy chocolate chip cookie that perfect for beginners and experienced bakers alike!
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Optional: 1/4 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter, both types of sugars, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat them together for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly mix in eggs, until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and rolled oats.
- Add this dry flour mixture slowly into the butter-sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in the chocolate and the nuts, if using.
- Scoop our in large balls, about a tbsp or two tbsp size if you want large cookies. Place them 2 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes, or until edges are golden. Cool and serve warm.
Inspired by DoubleTree Hilton Cookies