- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your preference)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning* (see below for homemade version)
- Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup Frito Lays chips, crumbled
- Cook the ground beef in 1 teaspoon oil and the 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning.
- Let it cool to room temperature, draining the excess fat while it cools.
- Toss together the kidney beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and cooked ground beef.
- Add enough dressing to cover all ingredients, around 3/4 cup.
- Toss together, and just before serving, mix in the chips and sprinkle some larger ones around the edge for dipping.
For homemade taco seasoning mix together: Equal parts salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and ground cumin.
For some quick changes, try using: white kidney beans, romaine lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend, chopped avocado...the list is endless!